God is always at work. For me, most times, I don’t see it or realize it. But then, there have some crazy times when God gave me a peak at Him doing work, almost real time. Whether through 20/20 hindsight or real time situations, I have come to know God is always at work.
Romans 8:28 says “And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
3 points from this passage that I have learned from God at work in my life.
1. And we know…This is such a critical part. Here’s a question: Do you have the courage to live like the Bible is true? For many say they believe in Scripture but when it comes down to it, they just don’t trust. And without trust, you will never have the confidence or the courage to live the Bible out. Feel the intensity and confidence the author Paul has in God when he says right from the beginning “And we know.” Paul knew; Paul had confidence; and Paul trusted God. And Paul’s fruit in his life speaks for itself. Well, you and I can have that same confidence and courage in God. And we too can know without any doubts that God is at work in our life.
2. All things…we all will agree we see God at work in our life when the sailing is smooth and things are going great. We have nothing but agreement in those milk and honey times. But what about when the seas of life get rough? What about when the waters rise and we feel like we are drowning? What about then, and do we still feel like God is at work? Well, I can tell you from firsthand experience, that God is always at work, no matter the circumstances. You may not feel it or see it. You may not agree with it. You may, in fact, hate the situations you are in, but God is always at work in your life. Let me tease this out one step further. I don’t have anything Biblical to support this but I can tell you that I have experienced it. From firsthand experience, I think God puts even more work. love, and attention on the bad things in our life. Its the times when we think God is not working when I think He is working the most. In my darkest times, I know God was not only working, but working like crazy.
3. for the good…Tying in with point number two, we all tend to agree God is working for our good when He does things we agree with. When we see and feel increased blessings and favor, we all agree God is working for our good. But do we see God doing good in our pain, adversity and troubles? When you are getting the life kicked out of you, do you see God at work doing a good thing? Several years ago, when I was in the pit, I just didn’t understand what God was up to, and certainly didn’t see how anything good could become of a pit filled with sewage. But now I know…I know God can take your worst thing and turn it into your best thing. How do I know? Because it happened to me. And it can happen to you too.
There are moments in life that are so jolting and so impacting, that they give us a new sight in life which forever changes how we see things. When that happens:
- We know
- God is at work in all things
- And He can take every part of our life, even the darkest parts, and do good with them