And he said, “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18:3
I love this picture of my oldest son Teddy. Whenever I need to be reminded of the importance of having childlike faith, I go and look at this picture. Here is what I see and what I try live out with Jesus:
- I know you are going to take care of me and I trust you
- You call me Your kid
- Let’s play and have fun with wonderment and big dreams
- I’m depending on you and you’ll never let me down
- I want to spend time with you Dad
- It’s all good because you are in control
- This life is so cool with you being the focus
Freedom is found in childlike faith. For me, life became free when I found childlike faith in Jesus. Kids are free. Kids don’t stress out and worry. Kids could care less about being in control. Kids aren’t concerned about reputation and status. Kids just want to have fun in life. But somewhere in adulthood, most lose the kid in them. Life becomes too serious and often one big unmanageable stress mess. And we stop being kids.
Well, you can become free today. Jesus came and died for you to be free. And if you are a Believer, I just want to remind you of what He calls you. Remember? He calls you His kid!
If you lost the kid in you, pray for childlike faith and watch what happens!